Sources of Animal based Protein - Healthier Bakery

Sources of Animal based Protein

Animal-based sources of Protein

Keeping your diet consistent but at the same time not monotonous is a goal in order not to sidestep, and thankfully there is great deal of animal-based protein sources that people can choose from when trying to keep a healthy/ fit lifestyle. Each protein source offers additional nutrients which benefits our health and keeps it interesting in the kitchen.

Here are some of the most common food we eat that contains protein:

What a better way to kickstart your morning than with a healthy omelette. It’s the
fastest meal one can make when he is rushing to work or just really bored to cook
anything complicated.

Fun fact: a medium egg contains around 6g of protein and although it contains few
calories, it satisfies our appetite and it takes longer to get hungry throughout the day.
*maybe do a video for healthy vegan or protein omelettes and link it here*

Chicken breast
If you have a person in your family who hits the gym daily or is into sports, then you’ll have already notice the insane amount of chicken breast they eat, to the point where it seems that it’s the only thing they eat. This is because it’s a lean source of protein since most of its calories come from protein (when serve skinless).
A 136g of chicken breast can provide around 26g of protein.

Pork is a perfect choice of lean meat as it’s a good source of protein. However,
people should avoid processed pork such as bacon since it contains lots of saturated fat! 100 grams of pork contains about 27g of protein. When the pork is dry, the protein of lean pork can be as high as 89% making it one of the richest sources of protein.

Greek yogurt
Good old Greek yogurt (when low-fat) contains as much as 19g of protein in a 200g
pot. You can choose a plain version of yogurt and create your own healthy snack by
topping it with fruits or seeds.

It’s delicious in sandwiches and in omelettes, sometimes better than chicken breast
because it tends to get dry. Boneless Turkey packs around 13g of protein per 100g,
which is a powerful punch to get you throughout the day.

Apart from its low calories, tuna is a lean fish with a lot of protein in it. Add tuna into
your sandwiches and salads, but be cautious with your dressings such as
mayonnaise, because even though it seems like the best combo, it adds more and
unwanted calories.

Salmon may be a little bit expensive, but it’s delicious and is an excellent source of
protein. It can give you a more satisfied appetite, but you should be careful of how
many times a week you eat it since it’s considered a fatty fish due to its full of
omega-3 fatty acids.

Bison is lean meat providing around 17g of protein per raw 113g. It’s considered an
excellent source of protein and it offers less far per serving than beef.

There is a variety of different types of beef to include in your diet if you want to lose
weight, all depending on the diet you follow and the goal you want to achieve. Beef
offers great amounts of protein, 26g of protein per 100g with just 15% of fat.

Cottage cheese
Interestingly, protein makes up over 70% of the calories in cottage cheese, making it a powerful source of protein with just a few calories. About 100g of plain cottage
cheese offers 11g of protein. It’s also packed with vitamin B, calcium, phosphorus and selenium.

A classic cow’s milk can offer 8g of protein per 227g give or take. For those who love good-old-fashion milk, it’s a rich source of complete protein. There are two types of protein found in milk- casein which makes about 82% of milk and whey protein which makes the remaining 18%.

Back to blog

Leave a comment